25 March 2009

Note 2 Self -Read All Directions B4 Using Hot Wax


Let me start this by saying, I am not a hairy person. I don't have a lot of body hair and what I do have is very fine. I might have a total of 10 hairs on my legs and that's both of them together. What I do have is some fuzzies on my face that I get tired of picking and decided to try to remove via Avon's Hot Wax Hair Removal System.

I know, by looking at this Hot Wax Hair Removal system you think it seems harmless enough but beware.... Unlike those products used at spas and beauty shops this item is made to be used by the general public so you are lulled into a false sense of security ... ya figure if it's made for those of us with little or no experience in waxing or any other type of hair removal and is marketed and approved for general distribution it must be somewhat easy to use... right???

When I buy stuff like this I'm really bad about NOT reading the instructions all the way through... I should know better because it's caused me all sorts of problems in the past like mis-colored hair, over permed hair, under-straightened hair and a whole list of other problems too numerous to mention... ANYHOW... you wonder what could possibly go wrong...

I'll tell you... I did heat the wax (as directed) and prepared to remove these little fuzzies that drive me nuts. I wiped the wax into several areas on my face where I wanted to remove some hair. After that I noticed all these little cloths that had come with the kit and remembered seeing something on TV where someone was having a waxing and remembered seeing them put that cloth thing on the wax and then ripping it off...

So just like they do on TV I "Tried" to apply the cloth to the wax I had already applied... problem now is that the wax had started to harden and cool... There I was, stuck in the bathroomw ith globs of wax on my face and unable to get the strips to stick to it. What I needed was to be able to reheat the wax... I couldn't stick my head in the microwave... I briefly entertained the idea of using one of those "Aim-n-Flames" and applying head to the wax that way but was way afraid of catching my hair on fire so I chucked that idea.... what to do...

Ah, then it came to me... READ THE DIRECTIONS!! This is where I learned that you're supposed to apply the hot wax and the immediately put the cloth on the wax so when it sets you can rip the cloth off... you don't apply the cloth after the wax has cooled and is hard... Now I have a real problem...

How the hell am I gonna get this wax off my face??? UGH.... my thought was to use cotton balls and some toner, thinking the alcohol would remove the wax.. that didnt work and then I had not only globs of wax stuck on my face but globs of wax with cotton balls stuck to it. I was in a bigger pickle now than previously thought....

Again I went back to the directions and noticed some small print that told you to Use a cloth and baby oil to remove remnants of leftover wax. I thought surely that must work if you've got all the wax AND cotton balls both stuck on your face... well it will work... but only after you rub the hell out of your face.

By the time it was over my skin was beet red from rubbing hell out of it and all the areas where I had the fuzzies, they're still fuzzy...and they're going to stay that way because there is no way in hell I'm going through all that crap again to remove fuzzies that only I can see anyhow...

What did I learn from this travesty? READ THE DIRECTIONS FIRST!! Good grief.... I think I could screw up a soup sandwich!

No comments: