24 October 2006

The surfing, thieving Golden Retriever Pup

Ever wonder how snacks that you "know" you set on a coffee table or end table disappear and you know YOU didn't eat them yet??
Well now I know what happens to them..... yesterday I was in the mood for this wonderful Tuscan cheese ball that Tastefully Simple distributes. I put my cheeseball together and put it in the fridge to chill thinking that last night after the daughter went to bed, I'd sit down with a few club crackers and really enjoy that cheeseball...
All was going just as planned. The daughter went to bed, the husband was at school and it was me, some club crackers and that cheese ball. I suddenly had a thought.... a hot cup of decaf green tea would really round out the snack so I set the cheeseball and crackers in the middle of the coffee table and got up to go fix my tea. While the water was boiling and I was waiting on my tea, I lost sight of our 12 week old Golden Retriever pup, Kelsey. It never really occurred to me that she might be doing something she shouldnt be... I kind of thought maybe she was off playing with the two year old Mini-Aussie and didnt think any more about it....
Finally my tea was done and I took it over to the sofa so I could enjoy it with my cheeseball...

All of a sudden it was clear to me where the Golden Retriever had been when I looked up and 3/4 of my cheeseball was gone and the golden was standing with her paws on my coffee table with a snout covered in cream cheese. The Aussie was no where to be found, she was making sure that she was not implicated in the caper and the golden, she just looked at me with her big sad, brown eyes, a smile on her face like she'd done nothing wrong.....

I got no part of a cheese ball I'd waited for all day long and I learned that a Golden Retriever can surf... they don't need water or a board but they can surf a coffee table for any snack that may be waiting to be found.....

No comments: