04 November 2008

Election Day 2008

Today, I feel like I had all the power in the world to help make positive changes in this country. Barack Obmama has caused so much excitement about politics again and given us all hope that all this not lost even after the Bush Administration did all they could to put this country under.
I am patriotic. There is no one that believes more in what our troops stand for, what our military stands for. I fully support our troops but I DO NOT and HAVE NOT supported a war I believe was/is based on oil profits. In the last 8 years, the rich have gotten richer and the average Joe has continued to watch his life plummet, struggling to take care of thier families, put gas in their cars and just make ends meet with money being tighter and tighter. When the Clinton administraon left office we FINALLY had a balanced budget. I don't know if our kids will see that again in their lifetime. In once sense it would almost serve the "R's" right to have to stay in office to fix all the crap they've broken but we cannot take another 4 or 8 years of Bush Administration tactics and lets face it, with a records of supporting Bush 90% of the time, he's nothing but a clone of what is already in office.

My 8 year old daughter was actually excited about this election. She was very well informed on the candidates and the issues so I let her push the buttons in the election booth. It's great to teach your children that in this country anything is possible. This is a history making election. Either we'll have our first African American President or we'll have a female Vice-President.

I don't see Barack Obama as an African American man but as a man with a plan, goals and dreams and God bless his heart he just wants to do the right thing. He just wants the US to succed and for things to be right for everyone. I think he wants everyone to have a fair shot and he wants everyone to feel success. He has truly been an inspiration and I am proud to have stood behind him during this election. Only hours left for voting but I"m sure we'll all be doing the Obama Victory dance...w ell unless there's another glitch in Florida voting machines and it causes McPain and his side-kick Palin to move ahead. Their election to office would truly be a failure to this election and once again Americans will lose hope and again live in dispair....During Obama's campaign people came together to show with God all things are possible and by being a man of dignity and diplomacy, change can happen!!! Go Obama!!1

No comments: